Receive Residential Water & Flood Damage Restoration Service From
Certified Experts in Tulsa
Water damage restoration emergencies are many and varied and all of them can wreak havoc on your home and your family. When you're experiencing these problems it's important to remember that prompt service from a local Tulsa water damage restoration company can save many important articles in the home and can mitigate the cost of the damage with a quick response time.
When you are in need of residential water damage restoration in the Tulsa area, call Carpet Renovations. We are flood and water damage repair specialists. Water damage extraction is often a long drawn out process through the larger commercialized water damage restoration companies. These services often times work through preferred insurance programs resulting in higher cost and a much longer completion time on your flood or water damage clean up. Always remember it is your choice, not the insurance companies, on which water damage restoration company you choose to help get your home quickly back in order. Our company can complete most flood and water damage remediation jobs in a matter of just 3 days and at a fraction of the cost of most companies!
When it comes to residential water damage restoration, the pros at Carpet Renovations have the experience of many water damage disasters under their belt and are able to put that expertise to work for you. That means restoring your home to its original state in the quickest amount of time with the highest quality. We offer an immediate response arrival for emergency flood and water removal situations. We will help limit your loss by extracting the water from the carpet quickly, padding and blocking your furniture and small items, cleaning and sanitizing your carpet and setting up drying equipment promptly.
If your carpet was flooded or damaged, many companies may encourage you to forgo carpet drying or carpet restoration because it makes them more money to replace the carpet all together. In most cases, we are able to save you from the high cost of pulling and replacing the carpet pad by carpet extracting, using the newly designed and innovative Flash Extractor by Water Claw. This innovative tool has the ability to extract water not only from the carpet but also from the carpet pad trapped below all the way down to the concrete subflooring.
Carpet Renovations is experienced in removing and re-laying the damaged carpet pad as well. We have the experience and proper equipment to dry your carpet in a thorough and timely manner. We are here to get you back to where you want to be – HOME. If you need a water damage restoration estimate or quote, give us a call today at (918) 437-1956!
We'd love to serve you!
Water Damage Prevention Tips
1. Make sure you and each member of your family knows where the water turn of valve is located. The main shut off valve will be located at the water meter usually not far from the front curb of the property, remove the cover and use a water key to close the shut off valve. A water key can be purchased at your local hardware store. Shut off valves are also located under each kitchen and bathroom sink and on the wall just below each toilet.
2. Have your roof inspected and repaired if necessary, water may be unknowingly seeping in and causing damage to your walls and insulation.
3. Inspect your homes foundation and seal any cracks or holes with a silicone or foam sealant.
4. Inspect around baseboards and drywall for dampness especially around adjoining walls to bathrooms and laundry areas to ensure there are no slow leaks in the plumbing behind the walls.
5. Weather proof windows and doors to prevent rain or melting snow from working its way thru cracks and corners.
6. Inspect the water heater regularly for signs of rust or leaks around the fittings.
7. Check washing machine hoses for leaks and make sure the drain hose is secured in the drainage outlet.
8. Inspect your air conditioner's drain pan; if it clogs the condensation will back up into the house.
9. When temperatures drop below freezing; allow all inside faucets to trickle and open cabinet doors so warm air can get to the plumbing. Also, disconnect all outside garden hoses from spickets and install an insulated cover for the duration of the cold weather.
10. Proper pipe insulation is a must for cold winter weather, especially pipes that are located close to outside walls and crawl spaces under the house.
What to do if you experience water damage
If water damage does occur, addressing the problem as quickly as possible will minimize the damage. If water is coming into your home from broken pipes or damaged appliances, the first thing you must do is shut off the water supply from the house. This is done by turning the shut off valve to the off position at the meter which is typically found outside your home (located just a few feet from the curb of the street) using a water key tool. Each member of the household should be informed of the location of the meter and how to shut if off in case of emergencies. Next, call our company immediately, our trained technicians will assist with the water extraction from the home, removal of damaged carpet padding, move or pad & block all furniture and belongings, clean & sanitize the carpet, and set up blower systems to dry the carpet in a timely manner. It is very important not to leave water damage unattended; this can result in damage to the walls, flooring, baseboards and doors, and further cost for additional mold remediation services. If you experience damage by a disastrous event such as a flood, storm or fire, be sure to take these following steps to prevent further water damage; remove any wet items in closets, on floors, including wet area rugs or clothing or personal belongings, cover any damaged areas on the roof with plastic, and board up any damaged windows or doors immediately. By following these steps you will minimize the damage done to your home and save yourself from a lot of unnecessary and costly repairs.