How to Remove Wax From Carpet
Who doesn't enjoy a beautifully lit room full of candles setting the mood for a romantic evening or creating a relaxing atmosphere for a quite time of reflection and relaxation? Candles just seem to soothe the soul and stimulate the senses making us feel uplifted and joyful in spirit.
Although candles can liven up our home and add pleasant scents to the air there are those rare unfortunate accidents of a candle left unattended or being accidentally knocked over and when it reaches the carpet it can be impossible to get out with out the correct know how on how to remove it. Well no more worries because once you see how to remove wax from the carpet you will be pleasantly surprised by just how easy it actually is. Just follow the steps below and you too will soon be a candle wax removing pro yourself!
1. Fill a ziplock bag full of ice and place on the area of wax to be removed.
2. After the wax has become frozen use a tool such as a screw driver or blunt instrument of choice and chip away as much wax from the carpet as possible being careful not to damage the carpet fibers.
3. Remove all the chipped pieces of wax from the area and vacuum the area thoroughly.
4. Next place a paper towel over the area and using a regular clothes iron with the setting on low (no steam) lightly iron over the paper towel in a circular motion. Usually just about 20 seconds at a time.
5. Lift the paper towel and move it to a fresh clean area and place over the wax and continue until all wax has been melted onto the paper towel and lifted from the carpet.
6. Lastly if needed use a general purpose carpet cleaning solution to clean the area.
It's that simple, the best way to remove wax from carpet is by reheating it to its former liquid state and allowing the paper towel to absorb the material onto it leaving you with a carpet that is wax free and spot free just as though the accident never occurred.
See below video for demonstration
Carpet Renovations, Inc. | Carpet Cleaning & repair Service | 11672 E 51st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146 | (918) 437-1956 | Website: www.carpetrenovations.com