HVAC Air Duct Fogging and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The community spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in the state of Oklahoma reaching 10 cases statewide, Tulsa County reporting 3 cases and 2 cases reported in Oklahoma County causing many Oklahomans to look for new measures to protect themselves from contracting or spreading the disease.
Dr. Bruce Dart with Tulsa County Health Department said "community spread has been identified in Oklahoma over the weekend. And that was identified in Cleveland County. It is likely, in all honesty, we will be seeing community spread very soon in Tulsa County."
As companies are looking at how to deploy their resources to help with the situation externally for the health and safety of its employees, customers, suppliers, and community, Carpet Renovations, Inc. has now implemented sanitizing services for their customers' HVAC duct ventilation system using an EPA registered disinfectant solution recommended for use in hospitals and medical facilities.
Fogging your HVAC air duct system is a viable measure for the removal of germs associated with the COVID-19 virus strain.
Use the right Product & Fogger
Using the right product and fogger is essential for obtaining the best results for eliminating germs, bacterial and virus from your air duct system, you can do this yourself or call a professional with the correct equipment and products.
The benefits of Sporicidin® disinfectant solution
- It is an EPA registered disinfectant solution recommended for use in hospitals and medical facilities and is fungicidal, bactericidal, virucidal, mildewcidal, and tuburculocidal
- It is designed to be used in conjunction with a (ULV) wet fogger
- Provides 99.99% kill of disease and odor causing organisms
- Continuous residual bacteriostatic activity for up to 6 months
- It is suitable for use around children, pets and the chemically sensitive
- Is safe for residential use and leaves a hospital clean (scent) (fragrance)
What are others saying about Sporicidin®?
Sporicidin® has been categorized as a Level IV (the safest category) disinfectant
“The active ingredients in this product, phenol and sodium phenate (a buffered phenol), have a track record for safety. Interestingly, these active ingredients have been used in a throat spray product named Chloraseptic® for more than 5 decades (Chloraseptic® is a trademark of Prestige Brands Inc.)” – from healthyhouseinstitute.com
Sporicidin® should be used in an Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) wet fogger
“We don't recommend using Sporicidin® Disinfectant in thermal foggers (dry mist) due to these foggers use high heat to generate a "steam" fog that can evaporate quickly and not provide adequate surface wetting to be effective at killing microbial organisms.”- Says American Air & Water, Inc. - Sporicidin representative.
What to expect when having your home or office HVAC duct system fogged
- The central fan system is switched to the “on” position
- A trained air duct cleaning technician will use a ULV fogger along with a full concentrated solution of Sporicidin® to fog your duct system.
- The fogging takes place at the air return which is usually located up in the ceiling and in a main entryway or hallway.
- The grill is unfastened and the filter removed.
- Then the system is fogged 30 - 45 seconds per every 500 sq. ft of home.
- The technician will do the same in each air return if you have more than one return.
- After the fogging of the system the technician will install a new filter in the air return (usually provided by the home owner)
- The grill is refastened and the procedure is complete.
- The fan system is then turned back to the “automatic” position and left running at a comfortable setting for the homeowner
It is important to note: Sporicidin® is OSHA safe for use in both residential and commercial settings but you will want to leave the premises for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the amount of fogging done, you can then enter the area after it has been properly ventilated.
Also Please Note:
Disinfectant & Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs. This process does not ensure the complete removal of the coronavirus (COVID-19) but by killing germs associated with bacteria, virus, and fungi can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Call or Contact us
We hope you have found this article helpful and if you have any questions regarding the products mentioned or the cleaning process we have discussed please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below and we will be sure to get back with you.
If you are in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area and would like to have your HVAC duct system fogged please give us a call to schedule, we will be very happy to help.
Carpet Renovations, Inc. | Cleaning Services | Serving the Greater Tulsa Area | (918) 437-1956