How to Repair a Cigarette Burn in Carpet in 5 Easy Steps
Repairing a cigarette burn in carpet is one of the easier repairs to do. Follow the steps below to repair any of your carpets.
1. Start by cutting the burnt area out with a box knife using a new sharp blade.
2. Find a matching piece of carpet or take it from the corner of a closet then cut the piece to match.
3. Slip a small piece of seaming tape or drywall tape under the area to be patched.
4. Then using a hot glue gun and glue stick, apply a thick bead of glue under the carpet & onto the tape.
5. Now Insert your trimmed piece and apply a very slight amount of pressure to ensure adhesion.
Repair completed: What, where did it go? Can't even see it!
Learn better by observing, check out the video below;
Repairing a cigarette burn in carpet is one of the easier repairs to do, once you have mastered the technique you will have the confidence to move on to larger carpet repair projects or smaller ones like removing candle wax from carpet. If you have any questions in regards to repairing a cigarette burn in your carpet or any other type of carpet repair, give us a call @ (918) 437-1956 we would be happy to help with your project.
Be sure to leave a comment below and let us know how your first cigarette burn repair went, we would love to hear from you!