How to remove candle wax from carpet
Who doesn't enjoy a beautifully lit room full of candles setting the mood for a romantic evening or creating a relaxing atmosphere for a quite time of reflection and relaxation? Candles just seem to soothe the soul and stimulate the senses making us feel uplifted and joyful in spirit.
Although candles can liven up our home and add pleasant scents to the air there are those rare unfortunate accidents of a candle left unattended or being accidentally knocked over and when it reaches the carpet it can be impossible to get out without the correct know how on how to remove it. Well no more worries because once you see how to remove wax from the carpet you will be pleasantly surprised by just how easy it actually is. Just follow the steps below and you too will soon be a candle wax removing pro yourself!
- Fill a ziplock bag full of ice and place on the area of wax to be removed.
- After the wax has become frozen use a tool such as a screw driver or blunt instrument of choice and chip away as much wax from the carpet as possible being careful not to damage the carpet fibers.
- Remove all the chipped pieces of wax from the area and vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Next place a paper towel over the area and using a regular clothes iron with the setting on low (no steam) lightly iron over the paper towel in a circular motion. Usually just about 20 seconds at a time.
- Lift the paper towel and move it to a fresh clean area and place over the wax and continue until all wax has been melted onto the paper towel and lifted from the carpet.
- Lastly if needed use a general purpose carpet cleaning solution to clean the area.
It's that simple, the best way to remove wax from carpet is by reheating it to its former liquid state and allowing the paper towel to absorb the material onto it leaving you with a carpet that is wax free and spot free just as though the accident never occurred. If the carpet is burned beyond simple repair, ir may be time to contact a professional.
See below video for demonstration
"name": "How to remove candle wax from carpet",
"description": "Removing candle wax from carpet is not really all that difficult. Following these instructions will take care of the problem in no time. If you have a light color carpet and your candle was a colored candle such as red or blue there could remain a permanent stain from the dye of the candle that may not come out all the way. 1. Break off as much of the wax from the carpet as possible 2. Vacuum up all the loose pieces. 3. Using a warm iron and paper towel begin melting the wax as shown in the video. Be sure to move your paper towel around frequently so the paper towel can absorb the melted wax. That's it, should you have any problems or questions just leave a comment below and we would be happy to help. For more information on wax removal from carpet check out our blog: http://www.carpetrenovations.com/blog/how-to-remove-candle-wax-from-carpet For Carpet Cleaning or Repair you can visit our website @ http://www.carpetrenovations.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarpetRenovations Google my Business: https://goo.gl/maps/T1g4jN2tSwk",
}</script><!--Video Markup Code Generated by https://videoschema.com/ -->
Carpet Renovations, Inc. | Cleaning Services | Serving the Greater Tulsa Area | (918) 437-1956 | Website: www.carpetrenovations.com